Introducing Personal Benefits
Our new Personal Benefits take the flexibility of Optional Benefits to another level. Now when plan members purchase Personal Life or Personal Critical Illness coverage, Manulife takes on the administration and the billing is direct with the plan member. The plan member enters into the Personal Benefits contract so coverage is portable and continues even if there is a change in employment.
Personal Benefits provide you with a new sales opportunity to bring choice and value to your clients.
Why promote Personal Benefits?
At a time when escalating benefit costs are in conflict with an employer's need to offer more services to compete in the war for talent, Personal Benefits can be part of the solution. As an advisor, Personal Benefits offers a great low touch sales opportunity that you can introduce to your entire Manulife group benefits client base and can generate additional revenue through a marketing fee that is based on 10% of annual premium.
No direct plan member sales are required.
Here's what other people are saying about Personal Benefits
Personal Benefits are a good idea. I'm looking forward to providing more choice to my clients - with a product that helps them offer a more robust benefits program to their employees who will especially like the portability. My clients will certainly like that Personal Benefits allow them to free themselves of administering payroll deductions and offer additional benefits with no additional cost! — Susan Gillespie, The BPC Group
Today employers are not only trying to control their group insurance costs, but they are also looking to be the provider of choice for their employees' insurance and financial needs—an attractive and simplified optional benefits program does just that!! — W. Michael Thomas, CFP, CLU, CH.F.C., R.F.P.; The Investment Guild
What amount of coverage is available?
Plan members are able to purchase up to $500,000 for Personal Life and up to $150,000 for Personal Critical Illness.
What are the advantages of Personal Benefits?
For the Plan Sponsor
For the Plan Member
- No day-to-day benefits administration
- No payroll deductions to coordinate
- No additional cost to enhance the value of their benefits program
- Communications and promotional support with a range of tools that work best with their plan members
- Choice to offer Personal Life or Personal Critical Illness Insurance or both as part of their benefits program
How do plan members apply for coverage?
- Affordable rates
- Flexibility – plan members choose the amount of coverage that's right for them
- Convenient payment of premium by credit card or pre-authorized banking withdrawal
- Personal coverage for their spouse and eligible dependent children
- Portable coverage that continues even when there is a change in employment
- Confidential – no decisions relating to the application for coverage are shared with the plan sponsor
- No sales tax applies to premiums
We've made applying for Personal Benefits as easy and convenient as possible for plan members. They simply need to fill out the Personal Benefits application form by selecting a coverage amount that's right for them, provide their banking or credit card information and submit the form to Manulife. Coverage begins following the approval of their application.
For more information and tools to help you promote Personal Benefits to your clients, please call your Manulife representative.