|.||Emergency Travel Assistance|
Get a brochure
When travelling across Canada or to another country, plan members could face an unexpected medical emergency. Emergency travel assistance is designed to make business or pleasure travel worry-free!
An out-of-Canada medical emergency includes an accidental injury or an illness that was not previously diagnosed or treated in Canada. Treatment required for a medical condition that was previously diagnosed in Canada is excluded. However, coverage may be available for an unforeseen complication requiring immediate medical attention arising from an existing, pre-diagnosed condition that was completely stable at the time of departure from Canada.
Additionally, some plans offer a special health advice assistance service to plan members and their dependents, accessible right from the plan members' homes. Please check your benefits booklet for complete details. For additional information, please choose one of the following:
GOING ON A TRIP?
For plan members with emergency travel assistance, before leaving home, remember to record all important personal information.
Print your Personal Information Page to take with you.
How do I know if I have emergency travel assistance?
View enlarged image
EMERGENCY OUT OF COUNTRY/PROVINCE CONTACT NUMBERS:
If an emergency should occur while travelling outside of your province of residence, please contact Allianz Global Assistance (Manulife Financial's emergency services provider) immediately or as soon as possible at one of the following numbers:
- In Canada and the United States: 1-800-265-9977
- Fax: 1-800-446-7684
- Toll Free from Mexico:
* Note: In Mexico, the prefix numbers (ie. the two zeros) are regionally determined. Example, in some regions the pre-fix requirement may only be one zero. Members are asked to confirm upon arrival to their destination.
- Toll Free from Dominican Republic:
- Toll Free from other countries that participate in the Universal International Toll Free (UITF): Dialing Prefix + 800-9221-9221
* Note: the UITF number is an 11 digit number with the middle set comprised of 4 digits. This contact number has been validated by the provider.
* Note: the country code refers to the country FROM which the member is calling and not the country to which they are calling. Members are asked to confirm upon arrival to their destination.
UNIVERSAL INTERNATIONAL TOLL FREE PARTICIPATING COUNTRIES
Here is a list of countries that participate in UITF.
Note that prior to dialing the UITF number, you must dial the following applicable prefixes. Note that these prefixes are subject to change.
* A number of prefixes exist in Japan. Please verify upon destination arrival.
001, 002 OR 008
00 or 005
- In all other countries (for example, those not participating in UITF, Canada and the U.S.), use the operator to call collect: 519-741-8450.
* Note: some countries do not allow collect calls. You will be required to pay up front. Keep these original receipts and submit to Manulife/Allianz Global Assistance for reimbursement.